Peru Travel Destinations
By Tony Dunnell
The Peruvian capital has plenty to offer, including colonial architecture, vibrant nightlife and amazing food. Lima is worth the effort, so stick around for at least a couple of days...
- Top 10 Things to Do in Lima
- The Plaza de Armas
- Parque Kennedy and Parque Central, Miraflores
- The Magic Water Circuit
- The Estadio Monumental in Lima
- The Estadio Nacional (National Stadium)
- History and Archaeology Museums in Lima
- Art Museums in Lima
- Larcomar Shopping Center in Miraflores
- Lima Airport
- The Lima Metropolitano
Cusco and Machu Picchu
The Inca capital of Cusco (or Cuzco) and the nearby hilltop citadel of Machu Picchu are by far the biggest draws in Peru.
- The Best Historic Hotels in Cusco
- The Cusco Tourist Ticket
- Festivals in Cusco
- Cusco Altitude Information
- Traveling From Lima to Cusco
- Machu Picchu Facts
- Tips for Picking a Machu Picchu Tour
- Machu Picchu Altitude
- Trains to Machu Picchu
- Vaccinations for Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Entrance Fees
- Is Machu Picchu Closed?
- The Best Inca Trail Tour Operators in Peru
- The Two-Day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
- How Much Does the Inca Trail Cost?
Destinations North of Lima
From the coast to the jungle, Northern Peru is a fascinating region of manmade and natural attractions, many of which fly below the tourist radar.
Destinations South of Lima
Southern Peru is the nation's tourism hotspot, home to the most famous and most popular attractions in the country.