For the 2013 schedule, please see Concerts in Peru 2013.
Lima continues to attract a mixed bag of major international artists, ranging from pop legends to thrash metal bands. In 2011, acts such as Justin Bieber, Rod Stewart, Aerosmith, Pearl Jam and Britney Spears delighted their Peruvian audiences. 2012 may struggle to rival the hype and drama of Bieber-fever, but plenty of international acts and household names will be performing in the Peruvian capital over the course of the year.
This list will be updated regularly, so feel free to bookmark it and check back for the latest additions (as well as cancellations and schedule changes).
- Fatboy Slim -- Jan 26, Estadio Monumental: English DJ Norman Cook, also known as Fatboy Slim, will get the party started with his blend of big beats and visual treats.
- Elton John -- Feb 1, Estadio Nacional: There seem to be a few problems hovering around this concert, so look out for scheduling/venue changes.
- Selena Gomez -- Feb 2, Jockey Club Del Peru: The multi-talented Selena Gomez is set to play Peru in February, so prepare for a teen pop onslaught.
- Jon Secada -- Feb 9 (C.C. María Angola de Mirafloresand) and Feb 10 (C.C. Rimac Seguros de Asia): The two-time Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter will perform two concerts in Lima, playing his blend of Latin-influenced pop, funk and soul.
- Joe Cocker -- March 13, Jockey Club Del Peru: 67-years-old and still going strong, the English rock and blues legend will be playing in Lima for the first time.
- Sodom -- Apr 11, Barranco Bar: The German thrash metal band will be playing a small and sweaty venue. Start growing your hair now.
- Roxette -- Apr 21, Estadio Monumental: The Swedish pop duo are still going strong, cranking out classics like "Joyride" and "The Look."
- Roberto Carlos -- Apr 26, Jockey Club del Peru: The Grammy Award-winning Brazilian legend will be showing Lima why he's known as the "King of Latin Music."
- Rock N' Roll Allstars -- April 27, Jockey Club del Peru: More than 10 rock legends have come together to form the Rock N' Roll Allstars, a supergroup featuring the likes of Gene Simmons (KISS), Duff McKagan (Guns N' Roses) and Mike Inez (Alice in Chains). The band will be making one stop in Peru during its Central and South America tour.
- Ali Campbell -- Apr 28, Centro De Convenciones Maria Angola: The former UB40 front man is bringing his successful solo career to the Peruvian capital. Get ready for reggae and lots of red, red wine...
- Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds -- May 11, Jockey Club del Peru: The former Oasis man will be playing in Lima with his band, the High Flying Birds.
- Julio Iglesias -- May 12, Jockey Club del Peru: The smooth Spaniard will charm the Jockey Club crowd on the day before Mother's Day.
- The Mission (UK) -- May 23, Centro De Convenciones Scencia: The UK goth rockers will be in Lima during their South American tour.
- Less Than Jake -- Jun 1, Toro Retro Bar: The American ska punk band will be bringing a slice of high energy to the Peruvian capital. There's a strong punk following in Lima, so it should be a lively occasion.
- New Kids On The Block -- Jun 22, Jockey Club del Peru: Yep, NKOTB are coming to Peru as part of their 2012 Summer Tour.
- The Radio Dept. -- July 2, Bizarro Club (Miraflores): Swedish "dream pop" in the Miraflores district of Lima.
- Maroon 5 -- Aug 2, Explanada Estadio Monumental: Maroon 5 will be playing in Peru for the first time, in what looks set to be one of the biggest concerts of 2012. Tickets go on sale on April 21, with prices starting at around US$47 (and up to US$188 for the most expensive seats).
- The Skatalites -- Aug 17, Toro Retro Bar (Barranco): The legendary Jamaican ska band is sure to get the crowd moving in August.
- Ky-Mani Marley -- Sept 27, Embarcadero 41 (Barranco): reggae and dancehall from the son of the iconic Bob Marley.
- Europe -- Oct 4, Parque de la Exposición: The Swedish rockers hit Lima in October, giving fans the chance to hear some classics from the 1980s, including the synth-fueled "The Final Countdown" (da da DAAA daaaa etc).
- Sugar Ray -- Oct 24, Centro de Covenciones Maria Angola: Alternative rock/pop/metal act Sugar Ray kick off their South American tour in Lima before heading to Brazil.
- Evanescence -- Oct 25, San Marcos Stadium: The hugely popular American band brings its style of "epic, dramatic, dark rock" to Peru. Sure to be a popular concert...
- Big Bang -- Nov 14, Jockey Club del Peru: The popular South Korean group bring their K-pop to Peru for the first time...
- Lady Gaga -- Nov 23, Estadio San Marcos: It doesn't get much bigger than this. Lady Gaga's Born This Way Ball comes to the capital, supported by The Darkness and Lady Starlight.
- Arch Enemy -- Nov 29, Centro Convenciones Barranco: The Swedish death metal band will be pumping out some heavy melodies in November.
- Norah Jones -- Dec 2, C.C. María Angola (Miraflores): Singer-songwriter, pianist and all-round super-talented Norah Jones comes to Peru as part of her South American tour.
- Nightwish -- Dec 5, venue TBA (possibly C.C. Claro, Plaza San Miguel): A symphonic metal band from Finland. Sounds interesting...
- Madonna -- nothing but rumors so far, but potentially the gig of the year...