There were plenty of big concerts in Peru in 2012, including international acts like Elton John, Maroon 5 and Lady Gaga. Lima continues to attract major artists from across the globe, along with an increase in one-day and multi-day music festivals, so 2013 looks set to be just as lively.
The list below includes all major music events taking place in Peru during 2013. The list will be updated regularly, so feel free to bookmark it and check back for the latest additions. Gigs are subject to cancellations and schedule changes. All concerts are in Lima unless stated otherwise.
- For traditional festivals and events in Peru, see Peru Month by Month.
- John Digweed -- January 11, La Huaka Beach Club (km 97.5 Panamericana Sur): The English DJ hits the trendy La Huaka beach "superclub."
- Destruction -- January 22, Discoteca Céntrica (C.C. Real Plaza): German thrash metal.
- Summer of Dub 2013 -- February 1, Punta Hermosa: A reggae and dub festival in the Punta Hermosa district of southern Lima (a popular beach hangout). Should feature Mungo's Hi Fi from Glasgow.
- Acustirock -- February 2, Tribuna Norte (North Stand) of Estadio San Marcos: A day of non-stop music featuring some of the best rock bands from across Peru. This will be the fourth installment of the Acustirock festival. Ticket prices start at S/.30 nuevos soles (US$12).
- Hanin Elias -- February 16, El Local (Gonzales Prada 384, Miraflores): The former Atari Teenage Riot member will bring a slice of digital hardcore to Lima with her solo set.
- Rock en la Playa 2013 -- February 17, Playa Conchan (Km 22 of the Panamericana Sur): A full day of Peruvian rock music on the beach, all completely free.
- Jamiroquai -- February 20, Estadio Nacional: The band’s bassist hinted on Twitter that Jamiroquai would be coming to Lima, and now the gig has been confirmed. Jay Kay and co. will be playing the Estadio Nacional, supported by Illya Kuryaki and The Valderramas (an Argentine funk duo) and Los Amigos Invisibles (Venezuelan funk-jazz-disco fusion).
- Alejandro Sanz -- February 26, Estadio Nacional: The multiple Grammy Award-winning Spanish singer-songwriter returns to Lima in February 2013.
- Andrew Bird -- February 27, Toro Bar de Barranco: The American singer-songwriter comes to Barranco, Lima.
- Reggae Fest -- March 2, Explanada de Punta Hermosa: If reggae by the beach sounds appealing, pick up some tickets for Reggae Fest. The one-day festival will take place in Punta Hermosa, a seaside district in the south of Lima (Km. 41.5 of the Panamericana Sur).
- Festival de los 7 Mares -- March 9 to 10 (venue to be confirmed): The Festival de los 7 Mares impressed in 2012, thanks largely to the presence of Manu Chao. The world music festival will make its second appearance in 2013. Few details have been released so far, but it’s definitely one to keep an eye on.
- Foreigner -- April 2, Centro de Convenciones & Eventos Claro (Plaza San Miguel): Long hair, soft rock, Mick Jones... yep, it’s legendary British-American band Foreigner, creators of impeccable power ballads like “I Want to Know What Love Is.”
- The Killers -- April 4, Estadio Nacional: The Killers return to Lima having first performed in Peru back in 2009. This will be one of the biggest gigs of the year, a fact reflected by the choice of venue. The Estadio Nacional (National Stadium) is the home stadium of the Peruvian national soccer team and a grand choice of venue for any musical act. Tickets range from S/.89 to S/.620 (US$35 to $240).
- New Order -- April 5, Explanada Sur (Southern Esplanade) of Estadio Monumental: The post-Joy Division, post-punk, British New Wave band comes to Lima as part of its world tour. Tickets are available through Teleticket and from Wong and Metro supermarkets.
- Keane -- April 5, Parque de la Exposición: The popular British band will be making its first ever appearance in Peru in April 2013. Ticket prices range from S/.100 to S/.378 (US$39 to US146).
- The Hives -- April 9, Centro De Convenciones Scencia: High-energy Swedish garage rock comes to Lima...
- Hard Rock Festival -- April 25, C.C. Scencia de La Molina: Featuring a host of names from classic rock history, including Firehouse, Faster Pussycat, Ted Poley and Gilby Clarke.
- The Vaccines -- May 14, C.C. Scencia de La Molina: An English indie rock band that has enjoyed considerable success in its relatively short career. One to watch.
- Steel Pulse -- May 16, C.C. Scencia de La Molina: A classic roots reggae band from Birmingham, England.
- Yes -- May 16, Parque de la Exposición amphitheater: Vintage English prog-rock arrives in Lima, Peru.
- Cruel Hand -- May 24, El Local (Gonzales Prada 384, Miraflores): Hardcore punk from Portland, Maine. Hardcore is strangely popular in the Peruvian capital...
- Festival Vivo x el Rock -- May 25, C.C. Plaza Norte: More than 15 bands on two stages with music from 2 pm until late. Sounds good...
- Lagwagon -- June 5, Toro Retrobar: American punk rock straight from the Fat Wreck Chords label.
- The Ocean Blue -- June 12, Discoteca Gótica (Larcomar): Jangly-guitar indie pop from Pennsylvania.
- Cannibal Corpse -- June 27, Discoteca Mangos (Av. Arequipa 1530, Lince): The legendary New York death-metallers arrive in Peru just in time to corrupt a fresh generation (well, that's would US Senator Bob Dole would be worried about...).
- Festival de Música y Artes Selvámonos -- June 28 and 29 (central days), Fundo Cemayu in Oxapampa, Pasco Region (see map): The Selvámonos Festival returns in 2013, having already established itself as one of Peru's biggest and brightest multiday festivals.
- Rock en el Parque -- June 29, Parque de la Exposición: More than 20 bands will participate in the thirteenth edition of arguably Peru's most seminal punk rock festival.
- Morrissey -- July 9 and 10, Jockey Club del Perú: The iconic English singer and lyricist has confirmed two dates in Lima, both to be held at the Jockey Club.
- Big Noize -- July 11, C.C. Scencia de La Molina: Is it a supergroup? Maybe not, but Big Noize is made up of some reasonably big names from the world of hard rock, most notably Sebastian Bach from Skid Row.
- The Offspring -- September 5, Parque de la Exposición: Californian punk rock group The Offspring will come out and play in Lima in September. Should be good...
- The B-52s -- September 28, venue TBA: American New Wave legends The B-52s last played Lima back in 2009. The 2013 comeback is still short on details, but things look to be developing nicely...
- Black Sabbath (with Megadeth) -- October 16, Estadio Monumental: Black Sabbath AND Megadeth? Be still my beating eardrums!
- Muse (?): Just a rumor so far, but potentially one of the gigs of 2013...
- Ringo Starr -- November 11, Jockey Club del Perú: At first just a distant rumor, now ex-Beatle Ringo Starr has been confirmed for 2013. And it looks like it'll be a big gig...
- The Rolling Stones??? -- Rumors, just rumors....